Monday, November 3, 2014

10 months later...



Hello Newbies and Oldies 

It's been about ten months since I wrote my last blog. 
I know that I've probably lost a lot of my readers, but I wanted to start this blog up again. 
I didn't just one day randomly decide to stop blogging, it just kind of happened. I was traveling a lot, which I blogged previously about, but once I was home for awhile I just couldn't blog.
I would think of things to blog about & try attempt to type them out, but words always failed me.

So here I am, ten months later, most of my thoughts more organized, and I'm ready to try it again.

I have hidden all of my previous blog posts. We're starting new! 

I thought it would be nice just to do a blog post about who I am and where I've been the last ten months. Have you ever read a blog and wondered: "I wonder if I can really trust this reader...?" Hopefully, after this post you will develop some sort of trust for me.

Ten Things About Me.

1. My Name is Danielle, but a lot of people call me Dani.
2. I'm 21.
3. Currently residing in America.
4. I'm weird, not your typical weird, but quirky weird.
5. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE books. 
6. Crazy in love with Jesus, Him being the Messiah & coolest person ever & all.
7. My favorite place in the world thus far is Ethiopia. 
8. I love to travel.
9. I come from a big family, which makes life crazy awesome, & sometimes just plain crazy.
10.  I love helping others, even in small ways, such as blogging!

Okay, now that - that awkwardness is out of the way..

This blog is currently under reconstruction, so please bear with me. 
I would like this to be a place of transparency and learning. Of course I want to share my heart with all of you as well as things I'm learning. 

So what types of things are you learning?

I've been in this crazy season with God. Since February it has literally felt like God sent a tornado (a good one) through my life, flipped it & all the things I thought I had planned upside down. It's been really, really tough and really, really amazing. It's crazy to me that there were so many things rooted in my heart that God either needed to harvest or needed to pluck out. 
That being said, this year I've been to India twice and Ethiopia once. I will at some point blog about these trips, but not now.
I am currently finishing school, with the hopes of going into full time missions in the near future. 

Basically, God is teaching me how to love my neighbor (my literal neighbors) before He commissions me to the poor. Can I just say this is way harder than I expected? It's mainly hard because I am super selfish at times. Like I said, some things are still being uprooted.

While I'm in this season and other seasons that will come along, I want to have an outlet. I feel that often people believe they're the only one who is experiencing something so they tend to feel isolated. I want this blog to be a place to share experiences, adventures, and more. 

Disclaimer: I am not a perfectionist when it comes to writing. I don't know all the "to-do" items when it comes to grammar. Forgive me in advance ;]

Secondly, I hope to share some DIY's and new things I'm trying. For example I just started the "No-Poo" hair method. Within a week I hope to share my results with all of you.. whoever you are! 

This first blog post is obviously extremely random, but I wanted to go ahead and get started.

If there's something you particularly want me to blog about ask me! 

Today is the start of a new week, make it great!

XOXO.

Dani

No comments:

Post a Comment